Healthy Recipes: Couscous & Fruit Salad
Try this fruit-and-nut-studded couscous salad alongside grilled salmon or chicken for supper. It is also a healthy recipe on its own for a fresh lunchbox treat.
4 servings, about 3/4 cup each | Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat couscous
- 1 cup chopped nectarine
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds, (see Tip)
- Whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add cooked couscous, nectarines, berries and almonds; gently toss to combine.
Per serving : 259 Calories; 9 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 6 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 40 g Carbohydrates; 7 g Protein; 7 g Fiber; 146 mg Sodium; 116 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 2 fat
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast sliced almonds, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.