Healthy Recipes:Lemon-Garlic Marinated Shrimp
Marinating precooked shrimp in garlic- and lemon-infused oil is a simple yet elegant appetizer.
Yield: 12 servings
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds cooked shrimp
- Place garlic and oil in a small skillet and cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss with shrimp in a large bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
Per serving: 73 calories; 3 g fat (0 g saturated fat, 2 g mono unsaturated fat); 92 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 0 g fiber; 154 mg sodium; 108 mg potassium
© 2009 EatingWellInc.com Photo: Ken Burris