5 Reasons I Love the Prevent Cancer Foundation 5K & Why YOU should too!
It has truly been a great pleasure to hear from so many of you that tell me that you have heard the cancer prevention message loud and clear. We are very grateful that you are participating in the Prevent Cancer Foundation 5K. There has been some amazing enthusiasm from Prevent Cancer Foundation 5K teams, volunteers and supporters who are taking steps to save lives. As with the battle with cancer itself, the fight still continues and we need your help to reach our fundraising goal. In this tough economy it is important that you know that the funds you raise are well spent on cutting edge cancer prevention and early detection research; community outreach that saves lives every day; and education that gives you, your family and friends the tools to stop cancer before it starts. That is why most of us are participating but the Prevent Cancer Foundation 5K is a fun, family and pet friendly event that almost everyone can participate in. Here are my top 5 reasons I love the 5K:
- It’s a great way to spend a Saturday morning-spend time with friends or family and get in some exercise at a fun event. You can walk, run, push a stroller, rollerblade—pretty much complete the 5K however you’d like. (The only exception is no bicycles on the course)
- You can walk or run your pet! We even have a “Pets for Prevention” team that you can join.
- It is a great event for families. We will have activities for kids of all ages, and check out our exhibit the Prevent Cancer Super Colon™, a larger than life inflatable colon model.
- You can support cancer survivors, caregivers or participate in honor of or in memory of a loved one.
- You are helping raise funds for life-saving cancer research, education and community outreach programs. I know I already mentioned this but you can never repeat it enough times!
These are my top five. What are yours? I would love to hear from you!