Healthy Recipes: Lemon – Dill Green Beans
This lemon and dill vinaigrette is a natural complement to green beans. It’s also great tossed with steamed asparagus or drizzled over sliced fresh tomatoes.
4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add green beans, cover and cook until tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk dill, shallot, oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the green beans and toss to coat. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving to blend flavors.
Per serving : 74 Calories; 4 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 10 g Carbohydrates; 2 g Protein; 4 g Fiber; 163 mg Sodium; 177 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat