2012 Annual Spring Gala Adds Online Auction to the Festivities
The Prevent Cancer Foundation 18th Annual Spring Gala, Modern + Majestic = Switzerland, will live up to its name as one of Biz Bash Magazine’s top 10 Washington, DC benefits again this year but the event will also embrace new technology with the addition of an online auction. Spearheaded by President and Founder Bo Aldigé and the Gala Dinner Committee, this new feature promises to add to the vital funds for cancer prevention and early detection research, community outreach, advocacy and education raised during the Gala which celebrates a different country each year.
The online auction will showcase 30 carefully selected and highly coveted items ranging from once- in- a- lifetime experiences to deluxe air travel. A sampling of some of the outstanding Gala Online Auction items include:
- A mixed case of California wines, all rated 100 by Robert Parker
- A coveted slot in the Waterfall Salmon Fishing Tournament on a private island in Alaska
- A week’s stay in a four-bedroom apartment in Venice, Italy
- A week’s stay aboard a 51-foot, private sailing yacht with 5 staterooms in the British Virgin Islands
- Business class travel to Zurich, Switzerland for two and a 3-night stay at the Park Hyatt Zurich
- Four nights’ accommodation in a suite in the Hempel, a leading boutique hotel in London
- Exquisite and unique pieces of jewelry, designed by Elizabeth Locke and Joan Horning
- A week’s stay (winter or summer) in a private home in Sun Valley (ID)
- 2 VIP tickets to a taping of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
The online auction will also contain items exclusive for bidding only by 2012 Gala attendees, such as:
- Use of personal vacation homes in the Vail Valley (CO) and Cape May (NJ)
- Rounds of golf for 3 with your host at 5 private clubs in the Washington, DC area
- A lunch hosted by a prominent U.S. Senator in the Senate Dining Room
- A “power lunch” at the residence of the Ambassador of Lichtenstein
- Private dinners hosted by the Ambassadors of Switzerland and Indonesia in their residences.
We do hope you are able to attend the Annual Spring Gala on March 9, enjoy an unforgettable evening and bid on these remarkable items so generously donated to Stop Cancer Before It Starts! For tickets or more information contact Development Associate Dorothy Abernathy at 703-837-3698 or via email at Dorothy.firstname.lastname@example.org.