Healthy Recipes: Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Roasting tomatoes brings out their inherent sweetness.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 14 slices baguette (preferably whole-wheat), toasted
- Anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toss tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with basil and vinegar.
- Top baguette slices with the roasted tomato mixture. Garnish with anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil.
Per serving: 69 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrate; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 178 mg sodium; 156 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamins A & C, potassium, magnesium.
1 Carbohydrate Servings
Exchanges: 1 starch