This Season Give the Gift of Prevention
There is no doubt that your inbox is full of last minute “deals” and requests for donations. There are many charities worthy of support and many that need help. Join us and help spread the message of cancer prevention and early detection. It is such an important message to share with your family, friends and loved ones.
According to the American Cancer Society, 577,000 people will die from cancer this year – and 50 percent of all cancer deaths could be prevented – with what we know right now. It is within our collective power to prevent half of all deaths from cancer.
This holiday season show your commitment to saving lives through cancer prevention and early detection. Join the Prevent Cancer Foundation and give the gift of prevention by making your donation today.
- Cutting-edge research that allows us to understand how to prevent cancer or detect it early when it can be more successfully treated
- Community education about how to prevent cancer or detect it early through healthy lifestyle choices and medical screenings
- Outreach to local communities through funding, events and partnerships with other organizations
- Advocacy for policies and legislation that advances cancer research and prevention and supports the needs of cancer patients and their families.
The Prevent Cancer Foundation has a number of ways in which you can donate. We hope you will consider contributing before December 31:
- By giving online, you won’t need to worry about getting your check in the mail by the end of the year and you will receive an instant email receipt for tax purposes.
- Find presents for your family and friends by supporting our Shop for Prevention partners.
- Legacy and planned gifts help the Prevent Cancer Foundation carry out its mission and often provide financial benefits to the donor. For more information on planned giving opportunities click here or contact Tanya Blue at 703-837-3684 or Tanya.Blue@preventcancer.org.
- Make your gift in memory of a loved one who lost their battle with cancer or in honor of someone who is currently undergoing cancer treatment. Tribute gifts are a great way to remember or honor loved ones or friends while making a commitment to saving lives through cancer prevention and early detection.
- Enlist your friends and family to help you raise money to fight the war on cancer by hosting a fundraising event.
In addition to funding the Foundation’s cancer prevention and early detection efforts, your gifts, if made by December 31, 2012, can help reduce the amount of taxes you will owe next April!
At this special time of year, all of us at the Prevent Cancer Foundation send our warmest wishes to you and your family. Thank you for your continued support, generosity and trust. Have a happy and healthy holiday season!