Free webcast offers strategies for parents/caregivers on keeping families healthy & happy
Keeping our children and families healthy is one of the most important and challenging goals for parents and caregivers. Current research has shown that starting a healthy lifestyle at a young age is one of the best ways to create a healthy future for our children and lower their risk of chronic disease like cancer, diabetes and heart disease. Though we all strive to make sure our kids grow up healthy and strong, adopting or maintaining healthy habits can be quite a challenge for many families. Some of the roadblocks to healthy living include:
- Finding time to exercise daily or prepare healthy meals around a busy work and school schedule
- Not knowing the best ways to influence kids to develop healthy habits
- Trying to wade through the overwhelming amount of information on health and wellness
To learn fun, simple and effective ways to integrate healthful habits into families’ daily lives the “tune in” for the Prevent Cancer Foundation’s free webcast, “Healthy Strategies for Children and Families” on Friday, June 21 at 2pm EST. The webcast will include a panel of leading family advocates and health experts, who will discuss topics related to family nutrition, exercise and cancer prevention followed by a Q&A session from the online audience. The free webcast will be streamed live online from the National Association of Broadcasters offices in DC. To view the live webcast, visit preventcancerwebcast.org
The “Healthy Strategies for Children and Families” panel includes:
- Jennifer Kolodziej, Moderator, noted Mommy Blogger and author of the blog Tastefully Childish
- Debra Cincioni, President and Co-Founder of Moms of America, a membership-based organization for moms and others who nurture family, friends and youth
- Derek Huffman, PhD, Co-Director, Healthy Aging Physiology Core, Institute for Aging Research; obesity researcher and past Prevent Cancer Foundation fellow.
- Dhanya Puram Limaye, M.D., F.A.A.P., Pediatrician at Arlington Pediatric Center, a not-for-profit medical home for the underserved families in Arlington, VA
- Ginny Wright, Founder of BbG Fitness, which offers outdoor fitness programs in Northern VA; exercise and nutrition expert
We hope you will join us for this informative and lively conversation on keeping our children and families healthy today to reduce their cancer risk for the future.