About the Dialogue for Action
The Dialogue for Action™ is an annual national conference that convenes a diversity of stakeholders committed to realizing the lifesaving potential of cancer screening for all communities. The Dialogue emphasizes evidence-based cancer screening according to guidelines. All participants are encouraged to take the dialogue back to their communities and workplaces to promote appropriate screening.
In past years, the focus of the Dialogue has been on colorectal cancer screening. Since 2013, the Dialogue for Action expanded to include the mandated guidelines-driven cancer screenings (colorectal, cervical, breast and now lung cancer screenings) and also covered issues related to other cancer screenings (prostate, oral and skin).
The conference features a mix of state-of-the-art presentations and interactive, dynamic “conversations” among participants. The Dialogue equips participants with concrete tools and effective strategies for use in both clinical and public health settings.
- Primary Care Physicians (Internists, Family Physicians, Osteopaths)
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Quality Team Members in Hospitals, Insurance Companies, etc.
- Advocates and Survivors
- Patient Navigators, Care Managers, Case Managers
- Social Workers
- Health Services Researchers
- Health Educators
- Staff of Health and Human Services (NIH, CDC, CMS, IHS, AHRQ)
- Staff of State Health Departments
- Staff of Non-Profit Health Organizations
- Third-Party Payers
The 2015 conference will be held on April 22-24, 2015 at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland.
Click here to view information on previous Dialogue for Action events.
Click here to view information about the Cancer Prevention Laurels Awards.