REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
The Prevent Cancer 5k Walk/Run is this Sunday, September 29, 2013, at the home of the Washington Nationals. The 2013 5k walk/run untimed route will take participants around the scenic Capitol Riverfront area with a start/finish inside Nationals Park.
- 7:45 am – Participant Check-In begins (Please notice we have moved check-in to start at 7:45 am)
- 8:40 am – Awards program and warm up with Dance Trance
- 9:00 am – Runners start
- 9:05 am – Walkers start
- 9:30 – 11:30 am – Enjoy activities with friends, family and colleagues inside Nationals Park
1500 South Capitol St SE
Washington, DC 20003
- FREE parking is available in Garage B (corner of South Capitol Street and N Street) and Garage C (corner of First Street and N Street). You must arrive before 8:45 am for access due to street closures.
- Nearest metro station is Navy Yard on the green line. Exit towards Nationals Park and take a left once on street level. Walk down Half Street to Center Field Gates.
Come out for this unique opportunity to enjoy Nationals Park with activities including:
- Walk/run the 5k route around Capitol Riverfront area
- Practice your swing in the Nationals’ batting cages
- Visit our health partners for free health screenings including:
- Prevent Cancer Super Colon™
- Walgreen’s flu vaccinations
- Oral screenings from local dentists
- Skin cancer screenings and sun damage assessments conducted by Women’s Dermatologic Society
- Take a photo with a Nationals’ President mascot
- Enjoy fun games, food, giveaways and more
Questions? Read the FAQs for more information.
Ways You Can Make a Difference:
- Support a 5K participant You can donate securely online to help a 5K participant of a team to meet their fund raising goals
- Make a general donation to the 5K
- Can’t be present the day of the event but want to get involved? No problem! Join us as a “Virtual Walker” and fund-raise for us.
Direct questions to Kristen Fagley at email@example.com or 703-519-2103.